Looking for a checklist when moving house? Steve’s Rubbish Removal has you covered!
Moving house marks a new chapter in your life. Whilst the promise of a new adventure can be exciting, the task of moving can also be daunting. With so much to do, it is hard to know where to start, what exactly needs to be done and remember those little, easily forgettable tasks.
Luckily, we have put together a list of moving house tips & tricks that are sure to make your to-do list a bit more chewable. This moving house checklist will have you ready and organised for the big day. Remember, this can be an exciting, but emotional time. It is normal to feel stressed, or even a little sad about leaving your old home. One way to ease these anxieties is to be prepared, organised & ready!
Checklist for the weeks leading up to the move
When it comes to moving, organisation is key!
Here are a few things to consider getting organised in the weeks leading up to the big move:
- Updating your address for your bank, phone provider, credit cards and other subscription services.
- Look at the floor plan of your new home and decide where you are going to put your furniture. This will make your moving day run more smoothly, as you will know where exactly to put everything!
- Start sorting through your garage & garden. Those overlooked parts of your home can often become the biggest task to tackle. By clearng and organising these areas earlier on, you’ll save yourself the stress of having to do it last minute.
- If you’re renting, confirm with your real estate agent about the moving date and key collection. There’s nothing more frustrating than not knowing when exactly you are expected to move. Make sure you keep open, clear communication with your agent and landlord.
- Start to declutter & dispose of things you no longer want. Why go through the effort of moving an item to a new house, just to throw it away? By decluttering early, you will make packing and unpacking less of a mammoth task. Steve’s Rubbish Removal can help you out, by coming and picking up your unwanted furniture and belongings. We take all the hard work out of rubbish removal, by moving, loading up and removing your rubbish for you. Make your move a little easier, by letting us give you a hand.
Checklist for the week before moving
The countdown starts!
- Start packing! Ensure that fragile items are clearly marked and are put somewhere safe during transit. Be sure to clearly label boxes with what room they belong to and what they contain. This will make the moving and unpacking process a lot easier.
- Begin dismantling your furniture. A good trick is to collect and tape any screws or bolts in a plastic bag to the furniture. This will ensure that you won’t lose or confuse any of them.
- Repair any damages that may have occurred in your old home throughout your time living there. Likewise, ensure that a formal inspection is done of your new residence, noting down any issues present before you move in.
Checklist for the day before your move
The final day is usually reserved for essential items that you’ll use up until your move.
- Pack a bag of your essentials to keep handy during the move. Be sure to pack a bottle of water, phone charger, some snacks and any small valuables you want to keep extra safe.
- Defrost and clean out your fridge and drain the liquid from your washing machine and ice maker. If you have treated yourself to new appliances, be sure to responsibly dispose of your old ones. Steve’s Rubbish Removal can provide unwanted appliances, mattress and furniture removal services. Our services give you one less thing to worry about, as we do all the heavy lifting for you.
- Collect all the house keys, and remove the garage remote from your car keys, to have them ready to hand back to the real estate agent.
- Get a good night of sleep, tomorrow is the big day!
Moving day checklist
Today’s the day!
- Ensure your high priority boxes are easily accessible. This will ease your mind, knowing that the necessities are the first ones to arrive at your new home.
- Go from A to B! This is the day that you have spent weeks preparing for, hopefully you are prepared, and everything goes off without a hitch. If not, that’s okay too! Try to keep a cool head, and remember to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Get cleaning! Once your belongings are out of the house, it’s time to start the cleaning process. It’s very common to find out that there’s a lot more junk that needs removal, if that’s the case give us a call! For any amount of rubbish, big or small, in any Brisbane suburb, any day of the week (even public holidays and weekends!) We are able to tackle any job. Meaning that you can spend your first night in your new home relaxing.
Need a hand?
If at any stage of your moving process you need a hand with rubbish removal, do not hesitate to contact us. We have over twenty-one years of experience, meaning that we know how many things there are to do when moving house. Whether it’s furniture removal and disposal, mattresses, junk or green waste removal, Steve’s Rubbish Removal has got you covered. Contact us today to get a quote.